Name of position:Technical Advisors Hydrogen & Power to X
Company: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Closing date for applications: 8 October 2021
Send applications to: email@example.com
The “Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH” is looking to fill four Technical Advisor X4 positions to strengthen the team of the Building a Green Hydrogen Economy in South Africa (H2.SA Programme) To fulfil decarbonization targets, many off-takers (e.g., Germany, EU or Japan) are willing to pay a premium price and to sign long-term supply agreements to stimulate H2/PtX market development. Hydrogen, however, also offers domestic use opportunities to South Africa.
Based on discussions with the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and representatives of the South African government in late 2019, GIZ developed a project concept for a future green hydrogen project (H2.SA) in South Africa, to be implemented between July 2021 and December 2023. The project has four focal areas:
- Supporting policy and regulatory framework conditions for a green hydrogen economy,
- Supporting actors to build a green hydrogen export economy,
- Enhancing capacity and knowledge of South African stakeholders in the H2/PtX sector,
- Mitigating the potential implications of a H2/PtX economy on the environment, society, and the economy.
Therefore, GIZ is looking for four Technical Advisors (Please download the full Job Descriptions using these links):
- Technical Advisor (H2 & PtX) – Technical Norms and Standards
- Technical Advisor (H2 & PtX) – Policy Frameworks
- Technical Advisor (H2 & PtX) – Sustainability
- Technical Advisor (H2 & PtX) – Transition and Participation
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a motivation letter stating why they should be the preferred candidate and the added value they will bring to the project. This should be accompanied by a detailed CV indicating their nationality.
Please submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the full job title of the position you apply for as stated in the job description on the email subject line for the attention of Head of Unit: Human Resource.
Closing date for applications: 08th October 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed!
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!